Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Raytracer: Assignment 3

So we had to implement Phong illumination for this assignment. Here's the results:

From CG2 - Week 3



I've got the basics done. I don't think it's very efficient, I'll probably tweak some values and see what happens. Also, there were a couple of extras to be done, namely implementing Phong-Blinn illumination and multiple light sources, which I haven't done yet. That's next.


Update #1: Multiple light sources


Well, this actually wasn't any additional functionality, I just had to add another light to the scene. Gotta love modularity.

From CG2 - Week 3

The instructions were to make it obvious that there was more than one light in the scene. So I put two of them behind the scene. The red circles were added afterwards, and surround the two point light sources contributing to the scene.


Update #2: Phong-Blinn illumination


Well, just what it says. Here it is.

From CG2 - Week 3



I also implemented Cook-Torrance Illumination just for the hell of it, not sure if I got it 100% though:

From CG2 - Week 3

Note: I'm hard-coding the roughness at 1.0 and the refractive incidence at 0.0 since my ray tracer currently doesn't support refraction and I don't feel like getting look-ups for roughness values.

No comments:

Post a Comment