Monday, April 25, 2011

CG2: Assignment 6

Refraction:





Total Internal Reflection kind of looks bad in this shot since my background is black. But it's there, and that's been my basic scene so I thought I wouldn't change it.

Here's a spruced up scene so you can see the TIR more clearly:





I'll update when I finish the extra.



UPDATE:

Extra...



I missed class and don't know if how to do this was discussed, but essentially what I did was start with a light transparency of 100% for a shadow ray. Each time an object was hit on it's way from a point on an object to a light source, the light transparency factor was multiplied by the transparency of the object in between. After accumulating all of these, I multiply the final shading for that point by it to get the effect of being in some form of shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment